712 Center Road Frankfort, Illinois 60423
- Payment is due at the time of services. We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. If you are unable to pay your bill in full at the time of your appointment we request that you speak with Dr. Sackman or the hospital manager prior to any services or medication pick up.
- Doctor's hours are by appointment. We do make every possible attempt to fit in or refer patients that need immediate treatment. Sometimes this means that we may ask you to come over and wait with your pet to be seen between appointments and sometimes this means that we will ask you to drop your pet off with us. If your pet is seen on a drop off basis, please be aware that they will be closely supervised while they are here and that Dr. Sackman and the technicians may perform necessary tests and treatments between patients.
- While we do go by appointments, patients requiring urgent medical care are triaged and prioritized. Unfortunately, a sick or injured pet may increase your wait time. Our staff will make every attempt to keep you updated about wait times and reschedule you if warranted.
- Referrals may be given for patients who require hospitalization, overnight care, advanced diagnostics, surgical or dental procedures, and emergency care. Please do not be offended if we give you a referral, we are sending you to a facility where your pet will get the best quality and continuity of care. Depending on your pet's needs we may refer you to a variety of different facilities.
- All patients must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older who is able to make medical decisions and authorizations.
- All patients must be on a short leash and under control by someone 18 years of age or older while in the hospital. Cats should be contained in a carrier or by another method, whenever possible. This is for the safety of all patients, clients, and staff. The vet's office is a stressful place for some patients and not all pets like to socialize or are free from transmissible diseases. Please do not allow your pets to interact in the lobby or common spaces.
- If you need records faxed or copies picked up we ask that you give us as much notice as possible so that we can have them ready and sent appropriately. If another hospital calls for records and we have not referred you there or spoken with you about this, we will call you for permission to fax or mail records prior to releasing them.
- All patients must have an exam with Dr. Sackman within one year to fill prescription medications, diets, etc...and to have treatments performed by Dr. Sackman, the technicians, and assistants. This is a legal requirement and we do not have leniency regarding this matter.
- Rabies vaccines must be given by Dr. Sackman, in conjunction with an examination. This is not a vaccine that a technician or assistant can administer. This is by Illinois state law and no exceptions can or will be made.
- Vaccinations administered by technicians, when appropriate, must be done when Dr. Sackman is on premises. This is done for the protection and safety of your pet in case of a vaccine reaction/emergency. Please understand your pet cannot be vaccinated (exception made for intranasal bordetella) if Dr. Sackman is not in the office.
- If you choose to purchase a medication or prescription diet that we routinely carry or stock from an online vendor or another route we will require you to pick up a new, written prescription to submit each time. There will be no refills authorized and we will not authorize fills over the phone, fax, or email. Dr. Sackman will write a written prescription for any medication that is medically appropriate and prescribed for your pet upon request. Please allow ample time for us to meet your needs.
- Medications are non-returnable. This is an FDA regulation. Prescription diets are guaranteed by the manufacturer and can be returned for credit in the event that your pet will not eat or cannot tolerate their diet.
- We do not give surgical estimates for patients that we have not seen. It is too difficult to provide accurate estimates for patients that we have not performed a full physical examination. There are many variables that need to be factored into surgical estimates.
- If your pet is coming in for a problem please let us know when scheduling the appointment. If you have a vaccine appointment and your pet has recently become ill, injured, or you have noticed a problem please call us and let us know before your appointment. This allows us to schedule ample time for your pet and lower the wait time for all clients with appointments. Patients who require further treatment, diagnostics, or consultations are scheduled more time than routine well-care appointments.
- Dr. Sackman reserves the right to decline services for patients as deemed medically appropriate. You will always be informed of the reasons and risks that lead to these decisions. In some cases you may be asked to sign a liability waiver.